COVID-19 Clinic Status:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, VFRC clinics have adjusted their schedules and services. Please call the clinic nearest to you to learn how they may best serve your needs.
Interim Executive Director: Nicole Valcour
Phone: (802) 479-1229
Address: 553 North Main Street, Barre, VT 05641
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with additional evening hours
All services by appointment only
Primary and Preventive Medical Care
- Routine primary and preventive care
- Case management of acute and chronic illnesses
- Medications and prescriptions
- Referrals to specialists
- Access to laboratory and diagnostic testing
- Vision screening and referrals
- STI testing
- Smoking cessation
- Breast and cervical screening
- Cardiovascular health
Mental Health Care
- Clinical mental health counseling and social work
- Screening for drug, alcohol, and tobacco use
- Screenings for depression
- Medications, prescriptions, and medication management
- Referral to specialists
- Oral health and oral hygiene education
- On-site routine dental prophylaxis
- Emergency evaluation
- Digital bite-wing and panoramic x-rays
- Full mouth deep cleanings
- Cavity (caries) stabilization
- Topical fluoride application
- Massage therapy
- Other therapies offered depending on volunteer provider availability
- Assist People’s Health & Wellness Clinic (PHWC) patients with enrollment in: Vermont Health Connect plans, Medicaid, You First, and Pharmacy Assistance Programs.
- Assist PHWC patients with enrollment in hospital patient financial services programs at Central Vermont Medical Center, University of Vermont Medical Center, Gifford Health Care, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
People’s Health & Wellness Clinic (PHWC) provides health care for people who are uninsured or underinsured and can’t afford to pay for needed care, including high deductibles.
You are eligible for our services if you:
- Don’t have health insurance (including Medicaid and Medicare), or
- Your health insurance has a high deductible (greater than 7.5% of your household income), or
- Your health insurance doesn’t pay for certain services, such as oral health care, massage therapy, counseling, etc., and
- Your household income is less than 400% of the Federal Poverty Level – proof of income is required.
You may be eligible for other health care programs. We can assist you with the application and enrollment process, help you find a primary care practitioner, and continue to provide care during the transition.
About Your Privacy:
Vermont’s Free & Referral Clinics’ (VFRC’s) member clinics are dedicated to patient confidentiality. If you need assistance with healthcare issues, please call for an appointment. For your protection, PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL US WITH CLINICAL CONCERNS.
Clinic Related News – People’s Health & Wellness Clinic
Amid Covid’s uncertainties, Vermont’s free clinics are ready for whatever comes Plugging away, maintaining equanimity, is all part of the…
The story of Sophia* and her daughter Maria* exemplifies the comprehensive and thoughtful case management offered at PHWC. People’s Health…